Frequently Asked Questions.
If you can not find the answers you are looking for please contact us and we will be happy to help:
- FoneFix Honiton are leaders in the Exeter and South West area and are a mobile phone and tablet repair specialist. Although we repair many devices every week from all across the UK, we still give each and every device our undivided attention and care. We know the importance of keeping you informed, so we will let you know when we receive your device, when it is being repaired and when it’s ready to be returned. For added reassurance, all our repairs carry a full no-quibble 12 month warranty.
- Quite simply within 24hrs, many repair companies claim to repair your device within this time frame but keep you waiting days or even weeks, we complete 90% of all repairs within 24hrs, fact! Occasionally repairs can take 3-5 working days from receipt of the device, especially if your device has been sent in for diagnosis, has experienced liquid damage or has complications, this can sometimes extend the repair time.
- Our address is listed below and will also be supplied in the booking confirmation email once you have completed the booking on out website. We can also arrange to collect your device from you within Honiton. We test, repair then test agin before dropping your iPhone, iPad, smartphone or tablet back to you the very same day. All at no additional cost !
Our address is:
11 Milldale Crescent
Once we receive the device we will complete the repair. If the problem is more serious than expected we may need to contact you to advise you of a new price, and get your authority to continue.
Yes. We offer a full, comprehensive 12 month warranty on all repairs, we also offer a full 2 year warranty on all repairs where original OEM parts are used*. Please see here for more details.
*With the exception of water damaged devices.
- We use only high quality AAA parts for our repairs and in many instances we are able to source parts direct from the manufacturers. All our AAA quality parts are carefully selected to offer an equivalent standard of finish, fit and long term reliability, this is why we are able to offer a no quibble 12 month warranty. Where we use OEM original parts for brands such as Samsung, Sony and Apple we are able to offer a full 2 year warranty.
All models listed on our website come with the correct image, the easiest way to check your model is to compare it with these images. Check for model numbers on the rear case and if applicable, under the battery and inside the battery cover. Alternatively, contact us and we can help you determine the model of your phone.
We operate a No Fix, No Fee policy. If we cannot repair your device, you don’t pay*
If we cannot repair your device we will refund you the cost of your repair. You just pay the postage charge to send it back to you as we send it by tracked & insured courier.
* Our No Fix, No Fee policy does not apply to Water Damage repairs or our Diagnostic service. For more information about our water damage policy please see this FAQ: Can You Repair Water Damaged Phones?
Yes. We offer a Water Damage repair service.
Our water damage repair service aims to restore your device back to working order. We will strip down your device, put it through a chemical cleaning / drying process and then re-build & test your device.
Warning – due to the nature of water damage not all devices can be repaired as water and electricity don’t mix well and the damage is sometimes beyond repair. We will do everything possible to try to restore your device to a functional working order. We have a very good success rate (approximately 70-80%) but we cannot guarantee success. In some instances, your device still might not work after we have carried out this repair. Therefore, the fee for this service is chargeable whether the device is repaired or not.
Most repair we carry out would not in any way affect your data. However, as a precaution, we do advise all customers to backup their data before getting their device repaired.
We cannot be held responsible for any loss of data due to repairs carried out on your device, please ensure any important data is backed up before the device is sent in for repair.